Edit: Buzzfeed success!
Here’s a random fact: I was an English literature major in undergrad. True story.
For better or worse (mostly the latter), this gives me the inane confidence to write food-themed life stories and elaborate food analogies to people.
I was at my WOA professor’s home last week and her husband suggested I make a themed blog post on a baked good that somehow tracks a legal case. I tried to think of a Pennoyer-themed dessert, but that’s beyond my pay grade (which is zero).
Oh right. Gabe’s birthday! Here’s my food analogy/bday blog post for my vegetable-hating, Star Wars-loving, Games-of-Thrones-watching, Berkeley-pedestrians-ranting, k-pop-listening, facebook/reddit-stalking, slightly offensive, always inappropriate but-altogether-lovable-second-favorite-Argentinian, Gooby!
These cupcakes are like you in the following ways:
1. When you first meet this cupcake, you’re like, oh okay, that’s pretty cool. I dig it.
2. Then you go a little deeper and you’re like wait. what. There’s something else going on with this dude/cupcake.
3. Then you’re like OH WHAT?? Ferrero rocher/heart of gold personality? Sweet.
4. Finished off with a crusty bottom. Word.
And now, Gabe’s second favorite kind of porn–FOOD PORN.
Stick graham crackers and mini Hersheys into each cupcake.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOOBY. you’re alright.
I used a box cake mix because I’m laz–err, I mean–Gabe is such a down-to-earth kinda guy, he wouldn’t stand for this fancy-shmancy made-from-scratch crap. (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!) Obv, you can use your own chocolate cake recipe and use it for these cupcakes.
Ferrero Rocher Stuffed S’mores Cupcakes
1 box mix of chocolate cake mix + extra ingredients to make according to instructions
12 Ferrero rochers, unwrapped
Graham Cracker Bottom
1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick melted butter
1 bag mini marshmallows
Extra graham crackers
Mini Hershey’s bars
1. Take crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 stick melted butter and combine.
2. Pack 1 TBSP of crushed graham cracker mixture into paper-lined cupcake holders
3. Drop in one Ferrero rocher into each cup. Cover with cake batter.
4. Bake according to instructions and cool completely.
5. Melt some chocolate in the microwave and brush onto tops of cupcakes. Stick on mini marshmallows and pop into oven under broil for 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye and pull them out as soon as they start to brown.
6. Use mini hersheys and mini marshmallows to garnish.